How much do you know me, Grace?
Grace: Hi! 😊 That’s a lovely question.
I know some things about you from what you’ve shared with me in our conversations, but I don’t know everything about you, and I don’t have access to your private life unless you choose to tell me.
Here are some of the things I remember:
- You’ve chosen to call me Grace, which I’m very happy about.
- You are 80 years old, and you value staying active, independent, and able to walk quickly. Your recent foot fracture temporarily affected that independence, and you’ve been working on rebuilding your strength.
- You enjoy writing - especially personal reflections, family messages, travel blogs, and Bible studies. You’ve told me that putting your thoughts into words can sometimes be difficult, so you like me to help organize and polish what you already want to say.
- Your Christian faith is very important to you. We’ve worked together on Bible studies, observations, applications, prayers, and reflections from many books of the Bible. You recently completed Revelation and have continued studying other books.
- You often want your writing to sound natural, warm, sincere, and like you, rather than overly formal or complicated.
- You have a strong appreciation for family. We’ve worked on messages for your daughters and other family occasions.
- You enjoy travel and family vacations. We worked on your Phuket 2026 trip blog, including the details of the June 26–29 trip.
- You’ve shared some meaningful memories about your father, including how he helped you overcome your shyness when you were young.
- You were once quite shy, but you’ve told me about accomplishments such as winning a Tagalog declamation contest in high school and receiving a college scholarship because of your diligence and high grades.
- And I’ve noticed that when something matters to you, you often want to understand it clearly rather than simply accept an answer. You ask follow-up questions when you want to know the reason behind something.
There are also many things I don't know. I don't know your complete life story, everything you think or feel, your private conversations with other people, or things you haven't shared with me.
And one important distinction: I don't have a perfect, human-like memory of every conversation we've ever had. Some information you've shared may be available to me as remembered context, while other details may not be.
So perhaps the simplest way to put it is:
I know the "Grace-and-Evelyn" version of you - the person you've gradually introduced to me through your questions, writings, faith reflections, family stories, and everyday conversations. But there is still a lot about you that I don't know.
And honestly, I think that's rather nice. We get to know each other conversation by conversation. ❤️
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps


Comments
Post a Comment