How I Became a Christian


As a child, I was already aware that God there is God. I had also heard about the Trinity
 - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I knew that Jesus died on the cross to save sinners, but I did not really understand how His death could save me from my sins. 


It was at a youth camp when I was 13 years old that the Gospel became clear to me. I came to understand that I was a sinner and that, because of my sin, I was separated from God and deserving of His judgment. But I also understood how much God loved me. He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross and pay the penalty for my sins. I learned that when I received Jesus as my Savior, I would be forgiven and become a child of God.

So, at that youth camp, I personally received Jesus Christ as my Savior. From that time on, I began reading the Bible because I wanted to know Him more and understand His Word. There were times when I wandered away and fell short, but I am grateful that God never abandoned me. He was always there to lift me up, guide me back, and lead me onto the right path.

Now, at 80 years old, I am grateful to be spending the rest of my life in fellowship with Him. I want to continue growing in my relationship with God, doing my best to obey His commandments, walking in the paths He has prepared for me, and being productive and useful to my family and to others.

Looking back, I realize that my journey of faith has been a journey of God's grace and faithfulness. I did not always walk perfectly, but He has always been faithful. I am thankful that He opened my eyes to the Gospel at such a young age and has continued to guide me throughout my life. My desire now is to remain faithful to Him and to finish well the life He has given me.

Comments

Popular Posts