Happy 79th Birthday, Raida!
Raida came after me, as I am the eldest of six siblings. Among us, I have always considered her the kindest. She is compassionate, considerate, and, like many of us in the family, hardworking.
Happy 79th birthday, Raida!
Raida, just recently, you said that perhaps you would be the next one to go, following our brother Bebet, who passed away three years ago. Perhaps you said this because, given your health condition, you feel that you are the most vulnerable among us who are still here. You even said that maybe Gilbert or I would be the last to go.
But I would not make such a prediction, even if I consider myself relatively stronger than my other siblings. The truth is, none of us knows when our time will come. That is not for us to decide. In fact, since I suffered that foot injury several months ago, I have also felt weaker than I used to be.
Some people might consider these thoughts morbid, especially on a birthday. I know that many would rather not talk about death, but I have never been one to deny reality. I believe in facing life as it is. God has given each of us one life, and we do not know how much time we have left. That is why we should be thankful for every day He gives us and make the most of the opportunities He places before us. May we live according to His purpose, become the people He wants us to be, and do all things for His glory.
But enough of these thoughts about our leaving this world! For now, my prayer is that God will grant you many more years with us, so we can continue to see one another through video calls, share stories, and enjoy the blessing of having each other in our lives.
Happy 79th birthday, Raida! May your strength be equal to your days, and may the Lord continue to sustain you, bless you, and give you more precious moments with your family and with us, your siblings.
I love you, my dear sister! ❤️








Comments
Post a Comment